Bus Accidents Attorney
in Mobile, Alabama
Bus Accidents Attorney in Mobile, Alabama
Public transportation is a great way for Alabama residents to get around. There are many bus routes in Mobile, Birmingham through the Wave Transit System.
While bus accidents are not as common as car crashes, they do happen from time to time. A bus accident can cause injuries to passengers on the bus as well as pedestrians, bicyclists, and other drivers. Make sure your legal rights are protected. Seek legal help from Mobile, Alabama bus accidents attorney Roger Varner Injury Law.
Causes of Bus Accidents
Bus accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including the following:
- Distracted driving. Texting, eating, or engaging in other distractions while behind the wheel makes it harder to pay attention to the roadway.
- Drunk driving. Alcohol use impairs judgment and slows down reaction time, making accidents more likely to occur.
- Fatigue. Bus drivers often work long hours, and fatigue can be just as bad as drunk driving.
- Poor training. Buses are large vehicles. A driver who is not properly trained will have trouble controlling such a vehicle.
- Weather conditions. Rain, ice, and snow can cause a bus driver to lose control.
Liability in a Bus Accident
There are multiple parties who could be held liable for a bus accident. They include the following:
- Bus driver. Bus drivers have a lot of responsibility. They drive a huge vehicle that may weigh as much as 40,000 pounds while carrying dozens of passengers. A driver can be negligent by texting, driving while drunk, or being fatigued.
- Bus company. A bus company may be held liable for an accident if they did not properly train drivers, failed to maintain vehicles, or were negligent in their hiring practices.
- Mechanic. Buses require regular maintenance. When a mechanic doesn’t service a bus properly, and it results in an accident, they may be held liable for your injuries.
- Vehicle manufacturer. Manufacturers have a duty to create safe products. When a bus has a faulty design or defective part and it leads to an accident, the manufacturer can be held liable.
Why You Need a Bus Accident Attorney on Your Side
Bus accidents can be complicated, which is why having a lawyer on your side can be helpful. A lawyer can help you do the following:
- Investigate the cause of the crash
- Gather evidence
- Determine liability
- Calculate your accident-related expenses
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- Protect your legal rights
- Prepare for litigation, if necessary
Contact a Bus Accidents Attorney in Mobile Today
Bus accidents can be catastrophic in nature, especially if you are a pedestrian or in another vehicle at the time of the crash. Make sure you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
When you choose Roger Varner Injury Law to take on your case, you’ll feel confident knowing you are in good hands. We handle a variety of personal injury matters and will fight to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to get started. Call (833) 482-7637 or fill out the online form to schedule a free consultation.
Request a FREE Consultation
- Auto accidents
- Birth Injuries
- Brain, Neck & Spinal Cord Injuries
- Defective Products Liability
- Dui accidents
- Dog Bites
- Hit and run accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Commercial trucks or semi trailers
- Train accidents
- Bus accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Workplace Exposure
Can My Employer Fire Me or Otherwise Punish Me for Filing for Workers’ Compensation?
No, an employer cannot fire or punish an employee for filing for workers' compensation in Alabama. It is illegal for an employer to discriminate or retaliate against an employee for filing a workers' comp claim or for exercising their rights under the workers' compensation laws.
Am I Required to See a Doctor After a Motor Vehicle Collision?
It is highly recommended that you see a doctor after a motor vehicle collision, even if you do not feel injured. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not be immediately apparent, and it is important to have a medical professional evaluate your condition to ensure that you receive the proper treatment. Additionally, in Alabama, in order to bring a claim for personal injury, you will need to have medical records to demonstrate that you were injured as a result of the collision.
How Do I Protect My Rights After Suffering an Injury in a Serious Accident?
To protect your rights after suffering an injury in a serious accident in Alabama, it is important to seek medical attention immediately, document the accident and your injuries, and consult with a personal injury attorney. Gathering evidence such as photographs, eyewitness statements, and police reports can help support your claim. It's also important to keep track of any expenses related to the accident, such as medical bills and lost wages. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected every step of the way.