Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
in Mobile, Alabama
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Mobile, Alabama
Motorcycles can be fun and exciting to ride, but they’re not the safest vehicles. While no rider wants to think about getting into an accident, motorcycle crashes are common. And when they do happen, they are often catastrophic. Many are even fatal.
Motorcycle accidents can result in significant damages. A Mobile, Alabama motorcycle accidents attorney from Roger Varner Injury Law can help determine liability so you get the most compensation possible.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycles crash for various reasons, such as:
- Speeding. Many people buy motorcycles for one main reason: speed. Accelerating on a motorcycle is thrilling, but it can also be deadly. A rider can easily lose control, causing serious injuries to themselves and others.
- Inexperience. Lack of training and experience is a major factor in motorcycle crashes. Surprisingly, in almost 30% of fatal motorcycle accidents, the rider did not have a valid driver’s license.
- Intoxication. Alcohol and drug use can affect the brain in many ways. Intoxication can affect judgment, reasoning, and riding ability.
- Weather conditions. Motorcycles have just two wheels and are sensitive to various weather conditions, such as rain, ice, snow, and wind. Wet roads can lead to decreased traction, while fall and winter weather can lead to increased debris on the roadways.
- Road conditions. A small pothole in the road may not be an issue for a passenger vehicle, but for a motorcycle, it can be a major road hazard. Oil slicks, puddles, gravel, sand, leaves, and debris can all cause a motorcycle to lose control. Railroad tracks, bridge joints, shoulders, and hidden driveways can also cause issues for motorcycle riders.
Motorcycle riders should always drive defensively. Even if a rider is very safe, they can still get into an accident. Other drivers don’t always drive safely. Many are negligent or reckless, driving while texting, eating, reading, adjusting the radio station, or dealing with pets or passengers. When a motorist is distracted, they are not paying attention to the road. This means they can easily collide with motorcycles.
Another thing to keep in mind is that left turns are dangerous. When a passenger vehicle is attempting to turn left, they often do not see motorcycles coming. This is because they are small and unexpected. This lack of awareness can lead to deadly T-bone crashes. You can avoid becoming a victim by drawing attention to yourself. Flash your lights or wiggle the bike. Be wary of gaps in traffic in front of you.
Contact a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Mobile Today
Motorcycles are small, fast vehicles that can easily cause serious accidents if the rider is distracted, intoxicated, or inexperienced. However, many crashes are caused by other motorists as well.
Roger Varner Injury Law knows how dangerous motorcycle crashes can be. Our team can assist you after a motorcycle crash and help you recover from your injuries. Schedule a free consultation by filling out the online form or calling (833) 482-7637.
Request a FREE Consultation
- Auto accidents
- Birth Injuries
- Brain, Neck & Spinal Cord Injuries
- Defective Products Liability
- Dui accidents
- Dog Bites
- Hit and run accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Commercial trucks or semi trailers
- Train accidents
- Bus accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Workplace Exposure
Can My Employer Fire Me or Otherwise Punish Me for Filing for Workers’ Compensation?
No, an employer cannot fire or punish an employee for filing for workers' compensation in Alabama. It is illegal for an employer to discriminate or retaliate against an employee for filing a workers' comp claim or for exercising their rights under the workers' compensation laws.
Am I Required to See a Doctor After a Motor Vehicle Collision?
It is highly recommended that you see a doctor after a motor vehicle collision, even if you do not feel injured. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not be immediately apparent, and it is important to have a medical professional evaluate your condition to ensure that you receive the proper treatment. Additionally, in Alabama, in order to bring a claim for personal injury, you will need to have medical records to demonstrate that you were injured as a result of the collision.
How Do I Protect My Rights After Suffering an Injury in a Serious Accident?
To protect your rights after suffering an injury in a serious accident in Alabama, it is important to seek medical attention immediately, document the accident and your injuries, and consult with a personal injury attorney. Gathering evidence such as photographs, eyewitness statements, and police reports can help support your claim. It's also important to keep track of any expenses related to the accident, such as medical bills and lost wages. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected every step of the way.