Slip and Fall Accidents Attorney
in Mobile, Alabama
Slip and Fall Accidents Attorney in Mobile, Alabama
Slips and falls can happen in an instant. A puddle of water in a parking lot or spilled milk in the grocery store can suddenly lead to a life-changing accident. A slip and fall can cause broken bones, head injuries, spinal cord injuries, and other trauma.
These injuries are often long term and can take a long time to heal. They can also be costly to treat. Make sure you get adequate compensation. A Mobile, Alabama slip and fall accidents attorney from Roger Varner Injury Law can help you recover from such a serious accident.
Where Do Slip and Fall Accidents Occur?
Slips and falls can happen pretty much anywhere—even in your own home. However, when they happen on someone else’s property, you may be eligible for compensation under Alabama’s premises liability laws. What this means is that if the owner failed to take the proper steps to make their property safe, the owner is negligent. The victim can then sue for compensation for damages.
Slips and falls can happen in or on:
- Sidewalks. Sidewalks may be slippery, cracked, or broken, leading to slips, trips, and falls.
- Stairs. Narrow steps and broken railings can create dangers.
- Parking lots. Poor lighting at night as well as uneven pavement can make parking lots dangerous.
- Apartment complexes. Lighting, sidewalks, and handrails must all be kept in good working order to prevent accidents as well as crimes (such as assault).
- Restaurants and bars. Restaurants and bars are often crowded, making accidents more common. Spilled drinks and poor design can cause patrons to slip and fall.
- Shopping malls. Malls can be fun, but they have a lot of dangerous items. Escalators, product displays, slick floors, and spilled food and drink can all cause visitors to slip and fall.
- Swimming pools. Not only can swimmers drown while inside the pool, but they can also suffer dangers while outside the pool. Standing water can cause users to slip and suffer serious injuries.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
The three most common injuries from slips and falls are:
- Traumatic brain injuries. When people fall, many hit their heads, causing concussions or more serious brain injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries. When a person lands on their back, they can suffer a spinal cord injury. Even a minor one can lead to long-term disabilities.
- Broken bones. People often put their arms out to catch themselves when they fall, so they are likely to fracture bones in their arms, hands, or wrists.
Contact a Slip and Fall Accidents Attorney in Mobile Today
Slip and fall accidents are no laughing matter. They can occur anywhere, causing a variety of injuries. They can be especially dangerous to the elderly.
If you have been affected, make sure to seek legal help to get the compensation you deserve.
Roger Varner Injury Law can guide you through the often complex legal process and help you with physical and financial recovery. To schedule a free consultation with our office, call (833) 482-7637 or fill out the online form.
Request a FREE Consultation
- Auto accidents
- Birth Injuries
- Brain, Neck & Spinal Cord Injuries
- Defective Products Liability
- Dui accidents
- Dog Bites
- Hit and run accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Commercial trucks or semi trailers
- Train accidents
- Bus accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Workplace Exposure
Can My Employer Fire Me or Otherwise Punish Me for Filing for Workers’ Compensation?
No, an employer cannot fire or punish an employee for filing for workers' compensation in Alabama. It is illegal for an employer to discriminate or retaliate against an employee for filing a workers' comp claim or for exercising their rights under the workers' compensation laws.
Am I Required to See a Doctor After a Motor Vehicle Collision?
It is highly recommended that you see a doctor after a motor vehicle collision, even if you do not feel injured. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not be immediately apparent, and it is important to have a medical professional evaluate your condition to ensure that you receive the proper treatment. Additionally, in Alabama, in order to bring a claim for personal injury, you will need to have medical records to demonstrate that you were injured as a result of the collision.
How Do I Protect My Rights After Suffering an Injury in a Serious Accident?
To protect your rights after suffering an injury in a serious accident in Alabama, it is important to seek medical attention immediately, document the accident and your injuries, and consult with a personal injury attorney. Gathering evidence such as photographs, eyewitness statements, and police reports can help support your claim. It's also important to keep track of any expenses related to the accident, such as medical bills and lost wages. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected every step of the way.