in Mobile, Alabama
Compassionate Legal Help after a Mobile Car Accident
Car accidents are some of the most traumatic events a person can experience. Many of these accidents happen at high speeds on the interstate or major highways in and around Mobile. But even low-speed accidents in parking lots or side streets can cause major damage to a vehicle, as well as personal injuries.
At Roger Varner Injury Law, we are here to help. Our auto accident lawyer in Mobile, Alabama can immediately take over a car accident injury claim and put your interests first. This is not the time to try and learn how to negotiate a settlement. Get the help that only an experienced car accident attorney can provide.
Car Accident Injuries Are Painful
Automotive technology has improved considerably over the past few decades. Seatbelts, airbags, and crumple zones all protect passengers in the event of a collision. Nonetheless, even the best technology cannot completely eliminate the risk of serious bodily injury. In fact, any “jolt” to the body can cause intense pain.
Our Mobile car accident lawyer has helped clients who suffer from these common car accident injuries:
- Skull injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Nerve damage
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Sprains and strains
These injuries usually keep someone out of work and in bed for weeks or longer. Fortunately, you might receive maximum compensation to cover all your medical bills—but you should contact our firm right away.
The Car Accident Settlement Process
There is a common misconception that filing a car accident claim in Alabama consists of filling out a few forms and waiting for a check to arrive. The opposite is true. The settlement process for Mobile car accidents is difficult and time-consuming.
Here’s a brief overview:
- Receiving medical treatment. You should immediately go to the hospital after finishing up at the accident scene. Remember to tell your doctor you were in an accident and describe any pain. Some injuries are slow to materialize, so head back to the hospital if you feel worse in the coming days.
- Filing an insurance claim. You should have gotten insurance and personal information for all drivers involved in a wreck. You can start the claims process by calling your own insurance company and informing them of the accident or calling the other driver’s insurance company. Alternatively, you should feel free to contact Roger Varner Injury Law. Our law firm can get a claim started for you.
- Attending rehab. Serious injuries often require lengthy rehabilitation, physical therapy, and occupational therapy. You should attend all sessions as advised by your doctor.
- Getting your car repaired. Your car probably sustained serious damage. Even a low-speed fender bender can cause thousands of dollars of damage to fix. You can obtain compensation to cover the repairs, but you should never get it repaired until your attorney inspects it. Cars often contain important clues about an accident.
- Collecting evidence. Before you make a demand for compensation, you need copies of medical bills, receipts, and pay stubs. Other evidence goes into determining the fault for the car accident. Our personal injury attorneys can help you.
- Recovering compensation. Your Mobile car accident lawyer can send the other driver’s insurer a demand for compensation. This letter provides an overview of the car accident and your injuries. It ends with a demand to settle the claim for a set amount of money.
- Negotiating or heading to trial. At Roger Varner Injury Law, we can settle most car accident claims. This negotiation process requires some considerable back and forth. But we usually can settle on an amount that works for you. If we can’t, however, we need to file a car accident lawsuit in court for your injuries.
What Is Fair Compensation?
The purpose of a car accident settlement is to compensate you for losses stemming from the wreck. Many of our clients have high financial needs. In fact, they usually can’t work and are under intense financial stress. At the same time, their car needs expensive repairs, and they might have no ride around the city.
We can seek the following damages in a settlement or lawsuit:
- Present and future medical expenses
- Present and future lost wages
- Property damage (like damage to your car)
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement or disability
One question many people have is “How much can I receive in a settlement?” To arrive at an answer, we need to individually analyze your situation. No two car accident victims are alike, so they can receive different amounts of compensation.
The more serious your injuries, the more compensation you will probably receive. So someone suffering from a spinal injury will probably get more than someone with a broken arm and mild whiplash.
There are exceptions. A deep laceration on your face could cost only a few thousand in medical care. But the scarring causes emotional distress and anguish.
Why Roger Varner Injury Law is the Right Choice
There are countless car accident lawyers in Mobile. What makes us stand out from the rest?
First, we provide compassionate legal representation to our clients. Many of them are at a low point in their lives. They are in pain and afraid for the future. You will find warmth and compassion when you reach out to us in person, online, or over the phone.
Second, we bring sharp legal instincts and a command of the law to every case we handle. We know how Alabama law intersects with motor vehicle accidents and will protect your rights.
Third, we are small enough to treat clients like family. We get to know our clients on a first-name basis and keep them regularly updated about the status of their car accident case. Instead of working with a giant, faceless firm, put your trust in our car accident attorneys.
Call Our Mobile Car Accident Lawyer for More Information
Car accidents are deeply traumatic events. Mobile car accident victims have so many questions swirling in their minds like a tornado. Can they hold the at-fault driver accountable? Can they receive money for medical care and lost income?
Let us answer any questions you have in a free case evaluation. If you choose to hire us, we will do everything in our power to get you the compensation that is rightfully yours. Please call (833) 482-7637 without delay.
Request a FREE Consultation
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Birth Injuries
- Brain, Neck & Spinal Cord Injuries
- Defective Products Liability
- Dui accidents
- Dog Bites
- Hit and run accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Commercial trucks or semi trailers
- Train accidents
- Bus accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Workplace Exposure
Can My Employer Fire Me or Otherwise Punish Me for Filing for Workers’ Compensation?
No, an employer cannot fire or punish an employee for filing for workers' compensation in Alabama. It is illegal for an employer to discriminate or retaliate against an employee for filing a workers' comp claim or for exercising their rights under the workers' compensation laws.
Am I Required to See a Doctor After a Motor Vehicle Collision?
It is highly recommended that you see a doctor after a motor vehicle collision, even if you do not feel injured. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not be immediately apparent, and it is important to have a medical professional evaluate your condition to ensure that you receive the proper treatment. Additionally, in Alabama, in order to bring a claim for personal injury, you will need to have medical records to demonstrate that you were injured as a result of the collision.
How Do I Protect My Rights After Suffering an Injury in a Serious Accident?
To protect your rights after suffering an injury in a serious accident in Alabama, it is important to seek medical attention immediately, document the accident and your injuries, and consult with a personal injury attorney. Gathering evidence such as photographs, eyewitness statements, and police reports can help support your claim. It's also important to keep track of any expenses related to the accident, such as medical bills and lost wages. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected every step of the way.